Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Psalm 88 reflected

I Cry Out Day and Night Before You
A Song. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah. To the choirmaster: according to Mahalath Leannoth. A Maskil of Heman the Ezrahite.
88:1 O Lord, God of my salvation;
I cry out day and night before you.
2 Let my prayer come before you;
incline your ear to my cry!
3 For my soul is full of troubles,
and my life draws near to Sheol.
4 I am counted among those who go down to the pit;
I am a man who has no strength,
5 like one set loose among the dead,
like the slain that lies in the grave,
like those whom you remember no more,
for they are cut off from your hand.
6 You have put me in the depths of the pit,
in the regions dark and deep.
7 Your wrath lies heavy upon me,
and you overwhelm me with all your waves. Selah
8 You have caused my companions to shun me;
you have made me a horror to them.
I am shut in so that I cannot escape;
9 my eye grows dim through sorrow.
Every day I call upon you, O Lord;
I spread out my hands to you.
-------------------------------------------------------------
LORD, Messiah, my salvation.
I cry out to you day and night. Even in my dreams I cry out to you.
Hear my cry.
My soul is overcome with struggles and troubles.
Failures and losses are all around me. The weight of my falling short is so great.
I have no strength left in me. I see the darkness growing around me. The losses are increasing on every side. My regrets grow greater with each revelation. Each day adds to my failures.
I fear to hope least my expectations be crushed. I fear not to hope least the sorrow of despair swallows me.
Those I most love I have lost. They have shunned my teaching. They have chosen lies. I cannot save them. I am powerless.
Lord, of power, now come. Save those I cannot save. Lift up my head from my grief. Bring me comfort in the midst of my wailing.
I regret my not doing more when there was an opportunity. The loss of so much potential. Paying now for past mistakes. If only I could have seen the cost of falling short.
Lord, help me now and restore what has been lost. Raise from the dead the old potentials. Help me regain what I have failed to earn. Lord, now act in ways beyond my dreams or my faith.
Lord, have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment