Sunday, August 21, 2016

Prayer based on Genesis 45:5

5 And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. (ESV)

Lord, help me believe that even my lack of love, lack of loyalty, and lack of wisdom can be transformed as the evil deed of Joseph's brothers can eventually bring about good.  Help me believe that YOU are moving despite my mistakes to bring YOUR healing and help to people.  

Lord, thank you for forgiving my sins at such great cost to YOU.  Help me see the cross today as YOU see it.  

Lord, I fear the impact of my sins on others.  I have come to fear the negative impact of my sins as the greater problem, even of needing forgiveness for my guilt.  I did not see how my failures would cause such harm to others.  This harm is so great.  How can this be used for good?

Lord, help me not to be distressed and angry with myself.  Help me release this to YOU.  Trust YOU with it.  Use this to make me avoid wrong actions and words in the future or in some ways dare to speak when my silence is a sin.  How costly is the price of not doing YOUR will on earth as it is in heaven.  

Give me trusting hope that YOU will transform my trangressions into a means of bringing YOUR grace to others.  Help me trust YOU in the dark not understanding how, why, or when.   

Lord, hear my cry. 

"(23) This is what the LORD says: "Don't let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. (24) But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the LORD who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the LORD, have spoken!" [Jeremiah 9:23-24 NLT]

No comments:

Post a Comment