Friday, August 5, 2016

Prayer based on Isaiah 40:28-31

"(28) Do you not know? Have you not heard?The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired.His understanding is inscrutable. (29) He gives strength to the weary,And to him who lacks might He increases power. (30) Though youths grow weary and tired,And vigorous young men stumble badly, (31) Yet those who wait for the LORDWill gain new strength;They will mount up with wings like eagles,They will run and not get tired,They will walk and not become weary." [Isaiah 40:28-31 NASB]

LORD, living and true I at times do not know and have not heard.  I am blind and deaf, lost in seeing nothing but my fears and dark predictions of what will be.  So give me, knowledge and let me hear the reality that exists because of YOU.  

True living LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Matthew, Peter, and Paul, you are eternal and everlasting.  YOU exist this day with me.  Help me sense your presence all around me.  

Grant me to understand at the core of my soul that you are the maker and designer of every atom of the universe.  All things visible and invisible exist due to you and continue to exist only because you sustain them.  Yet, the creation of "everything" and the constant providing of providence does not make you weary or tired.  YOUR strength and energy are without limit.  The deep complexity of both the physical universe and my soul are fully understood by YOU.   YOUR knowledge and wisdom know no limitations.  

All this is fine, but LORD YOU have now said that when I, weak and frail, am about ready to collapse that you are near me and will YOUR power to sustain me and provide me the strength I need for another day of life.  It is not me that is getting me through life.  That is a lie and pride.  It is you getting me through life.  Day by day  you carry me. 

Help me see the limits of all human strength and wisdom.  Especially let me see the limits of my strength and wisdom.  Humble me with the reality of how frail and faint I am. 

Let me trust YOU in the dark, resting in YOUR promises  to be fulfilled, and grant me the knowledge that YOU are faithful.  Renew my strength.  Provide me a revival of my abilities and energy.  Come now to me at my weakest moments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment