Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Meditation on Jeremiah 3:19-4:4

Meditation on Jer 3:19-4:4

[6]  Jer 3:19-4:4
  A(3:19-21)   give you a pleasant land, a heritage most beautiful among the nations! (3:19)
    B(3:22a)    
"Return, rebellious children (3:22)"   
(שׁובו)
      C(3:22b-25)       In the LORD, our God, alone is the salvation of Israel (3:23)
    B'(4:1-2)    
"you wish to return, O Israel (4:1)"   
(תשׁוב)
  A'(4:3-4)   Till your untilled ground, sow not among thorns (4:3)

    "A: The lands. B: To return. C: The LORD, our God." 

Lord, forgive me the times when I have been unfaithful and lacked commitment in my relationship with you.  Help me not deny the times my way has been twisted and perverted from your holiness.  Lord, how many times did I simply "forget" you in the midst of living life.  

Give to me a heart that has a hunger and thirsts to return to you.  Heal my faithlessness.  Help me draw near to you and let me see that every other hope is a delusion and lie.  In truth LORD Messiah Jesus you alone are my salvation. 

Lord, your people have lost their way.  We have done shameful things in your name.  That which you provided to save the nations we have squandered on our own desires.  We have not listened to your voice Good Shepherd and have gone wildly astray.  Help us be convicted of our folly and accept the shame and dishonor of our actions without justification.  Bring to us the spirit of confession and repentance.  

Lord, bring your people back to you and remove from our error of heart and head.  Awaken us that we might be a light to the nations and testify effectively of your love and grace once more.   First, awaken us and then revive the nations to worship you in spirit and truth.  Shake the world once again in your wild graceful love.   

Lord, make our hearts, make my heart, to be good soil that will receive your gospel WORD and bear much fruit  Let not the worries of this life crowd out the life of your WORD in me.   Cut out of me that which connects me to the unbelieving world and separate me to your kingdom truth.  

Lord, have mercy.  Keep us from deserved just wrath by your sacrificial grace.  Lord, let us seek you.  

Lord have mercy, Messiah Jesus have mercy, Lord have mercy.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment