Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A prayer for endurance and encouragement.

Romans 15: 4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, 6 that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

Lord Jesus, help me to sit at the feet of YOUR WORD and find in it both encouragement and hope.   Lord, help me endure the insanity of unbelief both in my own heart and in the heart of others.  Allow me to endure disappointments, betrayals, and losses here East of Eden.  

Provide a harmony and unity among my fellowship of believers which you have ordained to be part of my life that we may be united in proclaiming to each other and the culture we live in the wonder of your goodness, greatness, and grace.  May all the nations see the wonder and awe of the heavenly FATHER and HIS great love for us in the YOU, Messiah Jesus.   

Help my faith in you allow me to show grace and acceptance to all those who call upon your name.  Let me love other Christians as you loved me that the world might believe that the Father has sent you into the world and that I am your disciple.   Lord, bind us together in grace and unconditional love.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment