Monday, May 2, 2016

Prayer based on Habakkuk 3:17-19

Habakkuk 3:17-19 - Habakkuk Rejoices in the Lord

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.

Lord, I wish that I was living in a time of abundant harvest, great fruitfulness, wild potentials, and free of problems.  But that is not what you have ordained at this moment.  I walk in the valley of the shadow of death.   So many things have been lost and there is great danger that more losses will be coming .   I am overwhelmed with the reality of life.

But YOU LORD, remain the same.  Your love for me is greater than the circumstances and the fears.  Your promise to work all things together for good remains.  YOUR blood covenant with me made with YOUR own blood is my assurance you are fully committed to me.   I can find pleasure and true happiness focused upon your goodness, greatness, and grace.  YOU LORD JESUS, are my salvation!  YOU give me strength for this day and call me to climb to the high places of your eternal purpose and plan for my life which is at a higher plane than my pain.

LORD, help me not lose sight of you in the middle of the struggle this day.  Lord have mercy, Messiah Jesus have mercy, Lord have mercy.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment