Thursday, May 12, 2016

Prayer based on Philippians 4:8

(8) Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. [Philippians 4:8 NASB]

I am forgiven in Christ, I am adopted in Christ, All things are working together for good in Christ, I am becoming more like Christ through this time of struggle, Christ is with me, Christ will not forsake me, I am loved by God in Christ today.  I have friends and family that love me.  God uses my life for good despite my shortcomings.   I have endured many hard times.  I have seen good things come out of hard times.  God is trustworthy and faithful to me.  God cares specifically about my pain, and me. God is good, God is great, God is full of grace.  

Lord, help me this day not allow the coldness, pain, and fear created by events that threaten me and which have robbed me of security, blind me of the vast commitment you have in Messiah Jesus to work everything out for my good.   Let me see that even "East of Eden" you have preserved many good, noble, and praiseworthy realities and people.  

Lord, deliver us from leaders who have little character, competence, or compassion.   Lift now out of the wilderness a person of great attributes and wisdom to lead us.  Save us from ourselves.  

We do not know our left from our right hand in the realm of morality or spirituality.  As you have grace on Nineveh, now send us a deep repentance that will turn us away from the path of destruction and insanity.  

Lord, invade my network of friends and family to be given your gift of repentance.  Shake us to our bones.  Send fresh wind and fire to us from above.  Outpour your Holy Spirit as you have done in the past.  Now do it to my small circle of influence.  Come Holy Spirit!

Lord, I need a fresh vision of your love.  I need a fresh vision of your truth.  I need a fresh vision of YOU!  High and lifted up!  Open the eyes of my heart LORD Jesus!  Through this new vision transform me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment