Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Praying for God to be my refuge

(2) The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. ... (30) As for God, His way is blameless;The word of the LORD is tried;He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. [Psa 18:2, 30 NASB]

(20) Guard my soul and deliver me;Do not let me be ashamed, for I take refuge in You. [Psa 25:20 NASB]

Lord, the circumstances of my life feel like quicksand.  No firm place to stand.  Always sinking and in fear.   Be to me in the middle of this a firm unchanging rock in your character, competence, and character.   

Lord, it seems as the host of hell has targeted me sometimes.  The flaming arrows are so many that they block out the sky.   Be now a firm fortress for me that protects me from all the attacks of darkness and depravity.  

Lord, I feel trapped, imprisoned, and captured by the dark voices in my soul.  Come now rescue me from me.  Deliver me from my unbelieving self.  Deliver me from my sins and lack of love.  

Lord, you are my protector, my safe place, my security in an unstable world, and my sure salvation.  I turn to find refuge, rest, and renewal in you.  

For you glory, save me.  For my good save me.  For the good of all those, I touch, save me.   Be my Saviour today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment