Saturday, November 28, 2015

Meditation on Psalm 137

Lord, today I live in Babylon. It is a baptized Babylon which advertises shadows and distortions of your truth. Yet at heart it is Babylon, dark, pagan, selfish, and proud.

Help me not forget my true culture and nation is your Kingdom and the heavenly Jerusalem. Allow me to see me, as your royal family. Open the eyes of my soul to see that my true citizenship is in the Kingdom of heaven and not in unbelieving Babylon.

Help me see that the Babylon I live in will be destroyed justly in your Day, Lord. Justice will be served. Sin will be judged. The light will conquer darkness. Sin will not win.

The Messiah will come and destroy Babylon and all of its might. Your great promises of blood and sacrifice will be my ultimate defense and protection. Destroy the powers of terrorism and cripple all their efforts this day. Rescue your people from their power. Convert our enemies that we may have peace.

Give me a vision of the return of Eden to this cosmos. The Kingdom in all of its glory. Your kingdom come your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Let me hunger and thirst for righteousness. Lord renew, restore, reform, and revive us today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment