Friday, November 13, 2015

Praying through Psalm 88

Intimate and Eternal One I praise you for being my salvation. 

I confess that I have doubted you during hard times and ask you increase my faith. 

I am thankful that at my worst moments you are always faithfully loving me in the sacrifice and promises of Messiah Jesus. 

I am sad over the impact of death, disease, depression, disobedience, and death in my life and in the lives of so many.  The desperation of what it means to live "East of Eden" is before my eyes.  Lord the weight of the loses is so great for so many.  Have mercy and come quickly.

I find comfort in your promise to never leave me or forsake me.  That all of this grief will eventually be used for good.  None of the tears and terrors we face will be without your using them to have triumph over the darkness.  None of our pain will be without gain.  Thank you for these promises of hope. 

Lord have mercy now on me and bring light to my darkest hours.  

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment