Monday, December 7, 2015

Into your hands we deliver the holidays

Living Eternal Incarnate WORD, open my eyes to see you more clearly and in that vision provide me a greater trust in YOU.  

Open my heart to have awe and wonder at your greatness.  Help me see the significance of your being in the womb of Mary.  Help my heart and mind be astonished at a love that would have you leave heaven and actually become flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone.  Coming east of Eden in the real form of a servant.  You have come to win us back out of death and into life.  

The holidays are a mixture of things.  They remind me, Lord of the past, when you came in great passion and humility to bring us salvation.  Memories of past holidays where the family was together. The present which is a mixture of sadness and joy; fulfillment and loss, and celebration with tears. The hope of another year and the potential of much good in that year and the fear of new losses.  Lord, help me manage all these feelings and bring them to you to help me as I experience them. 

Grant that this coming year may be one of great effectiveness and impact of your love and truth in the lives of many.  Help us have fruitful labor for your kingdom.  Help us Lord, endure the pain of this fallen world and continue to have hope in the new world to come.  Lord have mercy on us we pray.  

Lord have mercy, Messiah have mercy, Lord have mercy.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment